Processing prices for well-skirted fleeces:
- Raw fiber to roving/batts: $10/lb. wool, $12/lb. all other fibers
- Washed fiber to roving/batts: $8/lb. wool, $9/lb. all other fibers
- Washing only: $5/lb.
- Specialty Roving: $1/lb. per element
- Carded Clouds: $6/lb. (not include wash)
- Picked Locks: $3/lb. (not include wash)
- Rug Yarn: $13/lb.
- Skirting: $8/lb. (please see below)
Volume Discounts: 10% off on orders over 20 Pounds!
- $1/oz for white Merino/Bamboo
- $3/oz. for colored Merino/Bamboo
- Call us for a current list of Glitz colors and prices
- We can process 100% Suri Alpca for $16/lb.
- If you have something unusual call us for a consult and pricing, we are happy to work with you.
- SKIRTING: All fleeces must be skirted before processing. Our mill, and in fact pretty much any mill, can only remove about %50 percent of the second cuts, guard hair, dirt, vegetable material and dung/feces presented in the fleece at the time of receiving. Which is really an accomplishiment, however, it is not how the public or owner evaluates their finished product. When you spin or knit, you either enjoy the cleanlieness or notice the presence of remaining hay, straw or similar unwanted material. The best advice is to make some attempt to evaluate and do some skirting yourself before you send off your fiber. In addition to that, we do offer skirting services. We will spred out your fleece on our custom skirting tables (we also sell skirting tables, please feel free to inquire) and go through it by hand. It takes time.
- WASHING: Folks love our washing. We are sensitive to optimal temperatures for different fibers. No scourching, but as hot as possible for best removal of greese and lanolin. We are sensitive to fiber tendancy to felt, so we are patient. We will not agitate, instead only rinse and spin. We use gentle soaps and detergents, and if you have a specific request, please let us know.
- PICKING & PICKED LOCKS: Some fibers need to have individual locks opened up for premium carding. And, some people love to spin and do fiber art & craft from picked locks - indivual opened locks from a particular fleece.
- CARDED CLOUDS AND BATTS:
- ROVING: This is at the heart of what we produce. We can do roving for you in an array of different fibers - including many fine fiber. We processs many wools, alpaca, and mohair...and more, just ask. We will do fiber blends to your spec.s. We love color -- both natural colors and dyed colors. We can put the fiber into the carder in a number of ways to create several differnt stylish looks for the completed roving; including solid colors, random colors, a heathered look of two or more colors, or a piped or striped look of two or more colors. We also can add glitz to the roving (from our stock or yours). We also can add additional fiber from our stock.
- BUMPING: Upon finishing your roving you may want it back in loose in bags or you may want it rolled into center pull "bumps". Not all mills offer bumps. We find it a nice option for storage, transport, and spinning - its your preference!
- RUG YARN: We will process both natural colors and dyed fiber. Your yarn will have a structural thread in the center and fiber coiled around. Wonderful for weavers and rug & craft makers of all kinds.