Top 10 Reasons to try
Singleton Fiber Processing
- We have a diverse range of fiber and fleece we can process. We are not a one fiber animal mill; we have done wool, finer wools, mohair, and alpaca. We will be up front and honest with you about what our machines can do. No pilling! No tearing!
- We have a fast turn around time. Many mills are a side-line business, typically to a farm or other related industry. We are a full-time operation dedicated to the small fiber farmer, "indi" artist and cottage industry. We'll give you a time frame when we take in the job. Usually we can do things in less than 4 months -- no problem.
- We will work with you on your personal design and artistic vision for your project. We can do blended and heathered looks, piping or tubing, or random color effects at the carding belt to give you an individualized roving.
- We wash carefully! No scorching. We are very mindful of optimal temperatures for different fibers, and we are gentle with cleansers and soaps. Do you have a special detergent request? Just ask.
- We do pick-up & deliveries within Frederick and the greater Frederick area. We hope this is particularly useful to you if you have large jobs or need things quickly or would enjoy saving the trip or cost of shipping. Feel free to call us and check availability in your area.
- Not so close, but still want to avoid the dreaded shipping? Come see us at a show. Check out our show schedule (on the Calander Page) and find a time & place when we are near you. At our booth you can come check out all the interesting things we can do...see, feel, or buy any of our house roving or yarn. Come consult with us about what you would like to do.
- We love weavers! We have rug-yarn spinners! We have some finished products from our house rug yarn on the premises. We have bumps of our house rug yarn for sale. And, we will make you your own custom rug yarn. Also, we are in the process of restoring an old loom in our shop.
- We love spinners & beginner spinners too! We are happy to teach. We have multiple wheels at the shop. Come check out the selection of Kromski wheels. Would you like to learn to spin? Call us, and make and appointment.
- We open our doors! Do you have a group, a bee, a guild, or interested party that wants to see inside our operation? Curious? Want to have an understanding of what happens from raw fleece to finsihed roving or yarn? We can show you. Call us for scheduling. We can also travel. If you have an event that you would like us to attend -- let us know. We can do demos for skirting & cleaning, picking & carding, and traditional spinning.
- Love to knit, but not to spin? If you have fleeces that we can process for you we can hand spin very small batches (for example 5 pounds or less). Call us and consult time, quantites and costs.